We strongly believe that film represents much more than entertainment; this is the most powerful medium to depict the reality and emulate values. Film becomes an interesting and engaging alternative to stimulate discussion among young people about vital personal, societal, moral and world issues.
Children and youth are the future of any nation. If sensitized from the very beginning, they can be the best change agents, be it in their family or the community in which they live. But unfortunately, in today’s world, indifference is fast taking over the natural empathetic tendencies of young people. Dangerous addictions, loneliness, insecurity, violence and aggression have become the common traits of a teenager. Hence, it has become very important to channel the energy and enthusiasm of children and youth into a positive direction, by imbibing a conscious perspective and constructive value system in them.
The idea behind this initiative is to design a rich mix of film programmes to build and support the growing interest in the independent infotainment industry. This includes programming that cultivates an audience for World Cinema while supporting filmmakers in career development, so that this powerful medium can be explored in a more focused manner for disseminating serious yet effective social messages.
SIFFCY (Smile International Film Festival for Children & Youth) is a special film platform devoted to a greater appreciation of meaningful cinemas made for children and youth which can bring change in the society by showcasing those films, supporting emerging filmmakers, recognizing the pioneers and leaders of the similar industry and by promoting the diverse perspectives of Good World Cinema. It caters to young people (aged 6 to 25) with just about every level of interest in film, whether to watch and enjoy, create their own work or take things a stage further and find out more about a career in the film or television industry.
The week-long annual Film Festival takes place at the Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi, India during December every year. It attracts filmmakers, artists, Industry professionals and audience members from across the globe.
AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, EMPANELMENT
Social Impact Award by Pratigya, 2018
- GuideStar India – NGO Transparency Award (Platinum Winner 2018)
- Certificate of Merit (Social Cause & Empowerment), 2017
- Recognition for rendering valuable services under Social Responsibility by ICSI
- NGO Leadership & Excellence Award 2015 by ABP News
- Best NGO (Skill Development) for 2014-15 by ASSOCHAM
- ICAI CSR Award for the ‘Best CSR Project in Women Empowerment’
- Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2014 by ABP News
- Education Excellence Award 2013 by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industries (ASSOCHAM)
- Corporate Excellence Award for NGO Excellence 2013 by IPE (Institute of Public Enterprise)
- Quality Initiative Mission Award 2013
- Smile Foundation is an organisation in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of United Nations since 2012
- Healthcare Leadership Award 2012
- Represents India as nominated member of Together4Change Alliance
- GE Healthcare – Modern Medicare Excellence Award
- Asia-pacific Child Rights Awards
- NTR Memorial Trust Award
- Barclays Bank Chairman’s Awards
- I Am Kalam – 23 National and International Awards at 40 prestigious film festivals
EMPANELMENT & ACCREDITATION
- Smile Foundation’s now accredited with GlobalGiving, one of the largest global crowd funding platforms.
- Smile Foundation has been accredited as a Guidestar India Platinum validated charity.
- An Implementation Agency under CSR IA Hub of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) under aegis of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India
- Empanelled with National CSR Hub at TISS, an initiative under Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
- Accreditation with India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians, under the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Govt. of India
- Accredited as Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India validated charity since 2012
- Accredited as IRD-registered non-profit organization with Guide