The 8th edition of SIFFCY – Smile Int’l Film Festival for Children & Youth was held on a hybrid model (Both online and offline) from 24-30th of APRIL 2022. More than 100000 unique visitors from across the country and 100+ industry professionals, juror, festival organizers and filmmakers from across the globe took part through the dedicated virtual platform of the festival. Simultaneously several physical screenings and interactive sessions were being organized in collaboration with our school partners in different cities.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS THIS YEAR:
- More than 100 films from above 50 different countries in various categories including feature films, short films, documentaries and films made by children will be showcased in the week-long film festival.
- Several unreleased but critically acclaimed films were part of the official program of SIFFCY ‘22, many of which had their International and/or India premiere at SIFFCY.
- Oscar award winning films, and Films screened at leading festivals like Cannes, Berlin, TIFF were also part of the official program of SIFFCY 2022.
- India’s Official entry to 91st Academy Awards( Oscar) and multiple national award winning film “Village Rockstars” by Rima Das , Priyanka Chopra’s award winning film “Pahuna – The Little Visitors” directed by Paakhi A. Tyrewala , Priya Ramasubban’s “Chuskit” and Oscar Award winning film “My Second Eye” were also a part of the special section called Extra Smiles (Best of Siffcy).
- More than 50 short films and documentaries made by children from above 30 different countries were part of the film program, many of which were about and made during Covid-19.
- SIFFCY 2022 announced 15 different awards in various categories including prestigious ‘European Children’s Film Award’ , ‘CIFEJ Award’ and ‘Film Critics Circle of India Award’
- Special curation of handpicked films from Iran in collaboration with Center for the Intellectual Development of Child and Adolescent KANOON and CIFEJ were part of the country focus Section
- Special curation of 10 award winning German films in collaboration with the leading Schlingel International film festival, Chemnitz, Germany were part of the country focus Section.
- Special curation of 5 Hindi and regional feature films produced by Children’s Film Society India – An autonomous body under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India were part of the Yellow Carpet Section.
THE ORGANISATION BEHIND:
Smile Foundation, one of the leading development organization in India has been working continuously for last 20 years in all core areas to best serve the needs of the people, especially young people keeping in mind all challenges. The foundation is directly benefitting over 15,00,000 children and their families every year, through more than 400 live welfare projects on education, healthcare, livelihood and women empowerment, in over 2000 remote villages and slums across 25 states of India.
SIFFCY (Smile International film festival for children & youth) is one of a flagship initiatives of India’s leading development organization Smile foundation launched in 2015 with an objective to engage, encourage, educate & empower young people through Good Cinema, screenings of meaningful films, interactive sessions, capacity building activities & related workshops. The festival has created a benchmark in its category and has already been recognized as a highly credible international film festival for young audiences. Every year in December the week-long film festival & forum caters to more than 30000 audiences & 100 industry professionals, experts, filmmakers from across the globe in New Delhi, after that it travels to several other parts of the country reaching out to maximum audiences staying in remote locations, small towns & villages of India. We hope to reach out to a larger audience this year and expecting virtual participation of more than 500000 online visitors.
Considering the current situation of the pandemic and future uncertainty, this year we have decided to host the festival virtually with new format and timings, but we hope situation is back to normal and we will host offline festival again very soon.
• To Engage, Educate, Encourage & Empower young minds through GOOD CINEMA and film related workshops.
• To promote GOOD CINEMA that meant for children & youth
• To bring together high quality, entertaining, multi‐cultural cinema for children & youth
• To cultivate understanding of other cultures, lives & experiences through the medium of film
• To catalyze critical appreciation and creative pursuit of cinematic art amongst children & youth
• To support the work of talented and dedicated children & young film‐makers and encourage the exchange of ideas amongst them
AWARDS & PRIZES
• Best Film (Feature-Children)
• Best Film (Feature-Youth)
• Best Director (Feature)
• Best Actor / Actress
• Best Story (Feature)
• Best Film (Short-Children)
• Best Film (Short-Youth)
• Best Story (Short)
• Best Film (Short-Children- By Young Jury)
• Best Film (Short-Youth- By Young Jury)
• Best Story (Short- By Young Jury)
• Best Student film
• ECFA Award -(European
Children’s Film Association) – for best film
• CIFEJ Award -(International Centre of films for children & young people) – for best film
• Film Critics Circle of India Award – for best film
• Special Mention Plaques may be awarded at the discretion of the Jury.
• Certificate of Participation to all films presented in this section.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• It may kindly be noted that the Web Site or Domain name owners, designers or developers working thereof do not stand guarantee as to the correctness of the information supplied in the present Web Site.
• All pictures/Video’s displayed on this website are copyrighted by their respective owners. All PUBLIC PERFORMANCE and COMMERCIAL use of these pictures is strictly prohibited. Illegal use of this site is subject to substantial civil penalties and/or criminal prosecution. Furthermore, there is NO PORNOGRAPHY, and NO SEXUAL EXPLICIT MATERIAL on this site.
• While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy and clarity of the information presented in this site, www.siffcy.org / SIFFCY and/or Smile Foundation cannot be held liable for any errors or inconsistencies. Clients, customers, providers, people visiting this site agrees to hold harmless to siffcy.org and its officers, directors, promoters, employees, shareholders, server maintainers, web developer and contributors from any and all claims of any kind arising out of using this site. By visiting or viewing this website you will indemnify and hold siffcy.org, harmless from all liability, cost and expense, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from any of the services provided by siffcy.org.
• Please note, the information in this site is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for any errors, omissions or representations on any of our pages or on any links on any of our pages. We do not endorse in anyway any advertisers on our web pages. All the contents of this Site are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision.
• The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience.
• Siffcy.org hereby excludes any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality, accuracy, timelines, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of its contents, including (but not limited) to any financial tools contained within the Site. We hereby expressly disclaim any implied warranties imputed by the laws of any jurisdiction.
•The festival organizers, SIFFCY and/or Smile Foundation reserve all rights to change the format of the festival, postpone, reschedule or totally cancel the festival due to any unforeseen situation, without any prior notice or explanation.
•The festival Organizers, SIFFCY and/or Smile Foundation reserve the right to exclude films which are not in conformity with the aims of the festival or which could offend the national feelings of any participating country or contain visuals/ dialogues that are discriminatory, offensive or inappropriate for young viewership, without giving any notice/clarifications.
• Viewers are advised to check the recommended age, synopsis and related information about the films before they watch the films. Viewer’s discretion advised
• We do not endorse any of the film or their contents showcased/screened at SIFFCY.
• SIFFCY and/or Smile Foundation makes no warranty that the contents of the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties. If you don’t agree with any of our disclaimers above please do not enter the website.
All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the SIFFCY shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts and forums in NEW DELHI, India. Please Note: This is understood that you agree to all the Terms & Conditions mentioned here when submit your film and by default allow SIFFCY / Smile Foundation to conduct screenings of your film during & after the festival. Also pre-authorize the festival organizers to publish all related video & photo materials of the film anytime, anywhere. Thanking you Festival Director – SIFFCY.