Smile Foundation a national level development organization directly benefiting over 6,00,000 children and their families, through 250 live welfare projects on education, healthcare, livelihood and woman empowerment, in more than 950 remote villages and slums across 25 states of India.
Along with its intensive welfare projects on the ground, Smile Foundation has also adopted the model of Civic Driven Change, under which it continuously strives to sensitize the privileged mass of the country so that they come forward, take on the social problems of the country as personal challenges and fight them back.
For some time now, Smile Foundation has been deploying films, which are creative, innovative and are a balance of the right content and the right quality, as a medium in sensitizing the masses, and engaging them proactively in the process of initiating social change. It has forayed into producing films of all kinds – documentary, short & feature; and has been hugely successful, winning several awards for its endeavors in all the categories.
Smile Foundation has already produced more than 60 short films/documentaries including a feature film titled ‘I Am Kalam” which has won more than 30 International awards and 1 National Award. We have also produced Child Rights Award winning TV series “Choone Do Aasman” in association with NDTV. We have been also supporting & organizing festivals & workshops for CFSI like North East Film Festival, Meghalaya Festival and All India School Programs.
Smile Foundation now envisions taking these efforts to the next level through SIFFCY so that this powerful medium can be explored in a more focused manner for disseminating serious yet effective social messages.
AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, EMPANELMENT
Social Impact Award by Pratigya, 2018
- GuideStar India – NGO Transparency Award (Platinum Winner 2018)
- Certificate of Merit (Social Cause & Empowerment), 2017
- Recognition for rendering valuable services under Social Responsibility by ICSI
- NGO Leadership & Excellence Award 2015 by ABP News
- Best NGO (Skill Development) for 2014-15 by ASSOCHAM
- ICAI CSR Award for the ‘Best CSR Project in Women Empowerment’
- Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award 2014 by ABP News
- Education Excellence Award 2013 by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industries (ASSOCHAM)
- Corporate Excellence Award for NGO Excellence 2013 by IPE (Institute of Public Enterprise)
- Quality Initiative Mission Award 2013
- Smile Foundation is an organisation in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of United Nations since 2012
- Healthcare Leadership Award 2012
- Represents India as nominated member of Together4Change Alliance
- GE Healthcare - Modern Medicare Excellence Award
- Asia-pacific Child Rights Awards
- NTR Memorial Trust Award
- Barclays Bank Chairman’s Awards
- I Am Kalam - 23 National and International Awards at 40 prestigious film festivals
EMPANELMENT & ACCREDITATION
- Smile Foundation's now accredited with GlobalGiving, one of the largest global crowd funding platforms.
- Smile Foundation has been accredited as a Guidestar India Platinum validated charity.
- An Implementation Agency under CSR IA Hub of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) under aegis of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India
- Empanelled with National CSR Hub at TISS, an initiative under Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
- Accreditation with India Development Foundation of Overseas Indians, under the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Govt. of India
- Accredited as Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India validated charity since 2012
- Accredited as IRD-registered non-profit organization with Guide Star
- Listed as a member organization with United Way Worldwide.